CNG Methane Gas Sensor MQ4 – India
Build your own CNG (Compressed Natural Gas) or Methane leakage detection circuit, in a budget with CNG Methane Gas Sensor MQ4.
Here you can buy the CNG Methane Gas Sensor MQ4 in India. Order multiple products and save per-item shipping cost in India. Local Pickup is also available in Delhi-NCR.
SAVE MORE! By buying the combination instead, see below for this offer.
Buy together and save Extra!
Circuit Uncle has in its India inventory the CNG Methane Gas Sensor MQ4, which the name suggests is used to detect the CNG Methane (CH4) Gas presence in the air. This sensor has high sensitivity towards Methane (CH4) which is a major part of compressed natural gas (CNG) and natural gas. This sensor has low sensitivity towards alcohol (for which you can use our Alcohol detection sensor MQ3) and smoke fumes, which makes it very useful when CNG or Natural Gas or Methane is mixed with the alcohol or smoke fumes. CNG use in India has seen an increase in the last decade, thus there is a huge demand of CNG leakage detection circuits in the vehicle, CNG pumps, and industries.
MQ4 sensor is made through micro AL2O3 ceramic tube, Tin Dioxide (SnO2) layer, measuring electrode, and heater, which are fixed into a crust made by plastic and stainless steel net.
FEATURES of CNG Methane Gas Sensor MQ4
* High sensitivity to Compressed Natural Gas (CNG), Methane CH4.
* Small sensitivity to alcohol, smoke, which makes MQ4 helpful for the situation in which you want to detect CNG/Methane in the presence of alcohol fumes or smoke.
* Low latency response.
* Stable and long life.
Technical Specifications of CNG Methane Gas Sensor MQ4
- Power requirements: 5 VDC @ ~165 mA (heater on) / ~60 mA (heater off)
- Operation Temperature : -10°C ~ 70°C
- Operating Voltage: 5V ±0.1
- Detection Concentration : 200-10000ppm Methane (CH4) , natural gas
- Sensing Resistance Rs: 10 KΩ-60 KΩ
- Dimensions: 32 x 22 x 16 mm
- Current Consumption: 150mA
- DO output: TTL digital 0 and 1 ( 0.1 and 5V)
- AO output: 0.1- 0.3 V (relative to pollution), the maximum concentration of a voltage of about 4V
NOTE: When using MQ4 a sensitivity adjustment is needed/recommended. It is advised to calibrate the detector for
5000 ppm of Methane CH4 concentration in air and use-value of Load resistance ( RL) about 20KΩ (10KΩ to 47KΩ).
|Dimensions||180 × 70 × 1 cm|